Earth's most beautiful creatures.
Reblogged from pamdemic
The Urididae is a type of moth and it’s cocoon is a bright orange color, that sometimes looks golden. The cocoon is usually suspended on a long thread below a leaf.
The net structure of the cocoon allows for more airflow over the pupa. This prevent fungus and mold from being able to grow on it.
Reblogged from sixpenceee
PREHISTORIC SHARK: MEGALODON
Megalodon is an extinct species of shark that lived 1.5 million years ago and as you can probably tell from the above pictures it was HUGE, here are some few facts
- It’s teeth were over 7 inches long
- It’s bite can deliver from 10.2-18.6 tons of force, enough to crush a prehistoric whale’s skull like a grape
- It feasted on prehistoric whales, dolphins, squids, fish, and even giant turtles
- It’s fossils have been found all over the world
- No one knows why it went extinct